British Columbia Sasquatch Organization

Ask yourself , is it possible?

Forums

Forum Home > Sasquatch on Vancouver Island > Sasquatch sighting on Mt Sicker near Duncan on Vancouver Island

Lee
Site Owner

Has anyone had a sighting or heard vocals on Mt Sicker? I just read a june/2010 report on the BFRO site and have posted it here in the "news" section.

It's a pretty interesting report there are possible vocals as well as a sighting...

--

BCSO

September 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee
Site Owner

I have recieved information that Mt Sicker has had atleast 4 different investigations, 2 which were my own , 1 was a documentary crew and another group of firm believers and skeptics which is doing continued research on the mountain .I have plans to return to this mountain in the near future and will post my findings when my investigation wraps up .

BCSO

--

BCSO

April 22, 2011 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cindy Dosen

Mt. Sicker was my report from June 2010 with BFRO.  We did conclude to finding simmalar size, and shape tracks in and around the aprox.area.

In Oct.2010 i did the documentry with History channel and brought up the film crew for the re-enactment. Yes ,we did have a genuine return call 11:30 pm, once several other investigators ruled out possible human influence near by. There was no access to the adjectent forest area where call had come from. The Chemanius river still to date (summer 2011) has had several other reports of rock throwing,tree fallings come to me personally from local people.

January 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee
Site Owner

Thanks for becoming a member Cindy ! As soon as I saw your name I said " I know this name " lol . I have a copy of Bigfoot the definitive guide and have watched it several times . Your encounter sounded very frightening !!!!

--

BCSO

January 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Today March 31 2012, while mountain biking on Mt Prevost.

Turned off Prevost Main Line left on to Satellite Rd at around the first drainage cut in the road on your left is a very large number of Elk bones, obviously dumped by poachers (some of the bones are cut clean) there are some very large depressions resembling foot prints, the most distinguishable being at least 15 inches long. I asked a friend to look, I wanted his opinion. He also said they look like foot prints.

March 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee
Site Owner

Sound interesting !!! any photos?

--

BCSO

March 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cindy Dosen

Hi Gary

I will try and look for the prints,some photos would  really help out. There maybe nothing left to find.

Frost and other elements this time of the year really ruin them fast.

Or you could meet me  in Duncan and show where they are that way it's not a waste of time trying to find them?

Cindy Dosen

April 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kerryk

Good luck, I hope that you managed to find some left!

--

April 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cindy Dosen

I didn't get out where the print might of been.

I hoping for a guide for more direct finding  spot.

The snow is gone now Mt Prevost has some logging equipment moving.

For future postings on print findings,,please try and take some kind of reference photo.

Put something (that is of common reference in size) such as bic lighters, pop can, White cloth measure tape has Large print .You can buy them in a Dollar store in sewing notions area. 

--

Cindy Dosen  

2263 Birch rd.   Duncan ,Vancouver Island ,B.C      V9L3C8
 1-250-748-4470 ans.mac..

April 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kerryk

Good ideas, will be hitting the dollar store within the next few days for one.

--

April 11, 2012 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JusticeLinden

Has anyone ever rode around lake cowichan area and seen signs of sas up that area........ I have found numerous foot prints over the years up in the masachie lake area had photos but we moved and photos were lost, one sighting up in shaw creek years ago...

July 12, 2012 at 4:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kerryk

Been there a couple times but never stopped, going to have to do that one day. We have a plan to drive through to Port Renfrew via all the back roads, hopefully early fall.

--

July 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris

Has anyone had any encounters in the Forbidden Plateau to Mt. Albert Edward trails? Was up in the Albert Edward area many years ago (in high school), and it was definitely squatchy. I can remember bedding down and, just before extinguishing the lantern, noticing that there was absolutely no sound at all in the forest. No birds, insects ... nothing. This was at Circlet Lake circa 1981.

October 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Im sorry I never replied to this thread, here is the location using Google Map 48.845613, -123.750515

February 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vanisleAU

i've been up on sicker many times prospecting in the footsteps of those who worked that mountain long ago... the last time i was up there, was around late january, the snows still held most of the roads on sicker and prevost, we were working a freshly exposed bedrock sheet up the way from the elk bone dump site, heard some wierd sounds, thought nothing of it, couple quadders rolled by slowly, not wanting to reveal what we were up to, we moved on to a location next to nugget creek just up past the old site of lenora. Starts getting on closer to dark, and we've now come down the mountain, went up the highway through the forestry pools/chemainus river park, and came up below the tailings pile for tyee (that huge gravel broken rock lookout in those youtube videos of the guy talking about the sighting up on sicker, if you've youtubed sicker and bigfoot, you know the ones im talking about ) where the yahoos always try and hillclimb up the scree. ANYWAY, back to my original point. we moved along the ridgeline up the slash until we hit the back the slash next to the large exposed quartz reefs. following one into the bush as any good prospector would, we ended up in near darkness hammering away at the stone. we do that for a while, its not nearly black, cant see nothing, and im getting really nervous. like sweaty nervous.. for no reason.. keep scanning the forest around me, hair standing up, like a bear or something is about to take a bite from my backside. Me and my buddy both hear something in the bush, like a tree being shaken or something, and after that, we just looked at each other, dropped the mineral samples, and hightailed it.... on the way back down the mountain we didnt say anything for quite a while,, obviously he was as rattled as i was. Im not sure what was up there,, but i've been in the bush many a time, and i dont get that scared over nothing.. not palm sweaty shakey knees hackles raised and heart pounding scared.... it was primal.. did not like it one bit! anyway, thats my story, we never got proof of anything, but i would definately venture that something, or somethings live up there... experienced similar things all along that highway to lake cowichan... meades canyon, hill 60, skutz, back side of robertson, my buddy told me stories of having a couple football size rocks come down at him while up near skutz, hiked into the bush, noone else around, panning and digging, 3 rocks came down, one nearly took him down, and he licked outta there like a bat outta hell. 

March 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kerryk

Incredible! Loved hearing your story, gave me chills! 

--

March 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue Glover

Mt Sicker is one I've always wanted to get to.  I drove up to it recently but didn't know the best way in (from the north side) without going through private property.  Maybe south side is better.  I've been on Maple Mtn. numerous times (close to Mt. Sicker).  No confirmed evidence of anything when I was there though there have been several reports from Maple. 

March 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jack Rauhala

Lee at September 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Has anyone had a sighting or heard vocals on Mt Sicker? I just read a june/2010 report on the BFRO site and have posted it here in the "news" section.

It's a pretty interesting report there are possible vocals as well as a sighting...

Anyone  planning a tripup  there in the near future?

I have 4X4 GMC Sonoma for bad roads.

Saw the long  set of tracks in Duncan a few years ago,very convincing.

jr

May 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Last week I went for a drive out to the forestry pools behind Mt Prevost and Mt Sicker the gates were all open and you can drive quite a  ways out past them. Take highway 18 approx 2km's past Tansor Rd you will find Hillcrest Rd on your right at the end of the long straight stretch. Follow Hillcrest rd to the forestry pools Chemainus River Provincial Park there is a little parking lot located at 48.838707,-123.825531 on Google Maps you can pass through this parking lot and through the gates the dirt road can actually connect back up to Mt Sicker. This area would be ideal for a night out of calling and knocking as the sound will travel well in the valley or even camp out. I drove out there in a 2012 Mazda 3 with no problems so any small SUV would be ideal. 

May 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bing

Two trips to Mt Sicker this week.

17 May via Mt Prevost road to Branch G to Mines and Bell Tel Rd

Bell Tel rd Gate Closed and Locked just past gated road to radar cone

Good hike beyond gate making circle to below cone and climbing up and over and back to gate.

Elk spore, loads of deer spore, loads of bear spoor, scat, and one quick to exit fat bear.

Many good areas to set up camp. Bring water. Expect bear company.

Mines road gate closed at 5km sign. Easy 25 minute walk to Richard III mine. Tyee mine and Lenora mine within easy walk if so desire.

More elk spore along mines rd. Below Lenora mine will begin to encounter bear sign.

Better camping also below mines.

These gates closed both on 17th and 25th of May 2013.

Hillcrest rd through Forestry Pools, Gates open road passable. Little luck and you may make it with 2 wheel drive and light truck clearance all the way to Mines rd Gate at 5km.

I needed 4 x 4 for about 100 meters at about 2.5 km past gate at Forestry Pools. Steep slippery loose rocks in the rain with worn ruts in the road. On a dry day and full size vehicle I think I could have made it through here. Easy walk at this point.

Mt Sicker rd entrance I haven’t checked this year. Yes the road appears to go through the farmers back yard. I understand it to be public access and no one gave indication otherwise as I’ve driven through. There are several gates that I have found to be open 2010-11-12.

This is not a productive route to the mines in my opinion at this time. But a scenic trip.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going to Mt Sicker.

May 28, 2013 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.